giovedì 10 gennaio 2013

New blog on European Courts

I recently received an email from Marc de Werd (Justice Amsterdam Court of Appeal), here you can find the message:

"Dear All,

Hope you're all doing fine. I'm misusing now you're e-mail addresses to inform you about the EU and ECHR law blog that I have started. It is still under construction, and I am still experimenting with it. 

It is still under construction, and I am still experimenting with it. 

What might be interesting for you to know  is that the Amsterdam Court of Appeal publishes a monthly newsletter with all recent (last month judgments from the CJEU and the ECHR. It’s title is ‘Rechtspraak Europa’ (that means  ‘case law from Europe’).  It started as a service to Dutch court personnel (judges and staff) but is now free available on the internet, for students, lawyers, prosecutors  and everyone else interested in EU law. The newsletter is made by 5 of our law clerks and me. 

It’s not an academic journal but rather a plain overview of jurisprudence, aimed at getting grip on the flood of case law coming down from Strasbourg and Luxembourg every day.  Especially for Dutch judges and law practitioners the newsletter has proved to be quite useful.

During my last months visit to EUI - that I very much enjoyed - I realised that the time has come (for judges and lawyers) to start exchanging ideas and experiences on EU and ECHR topics in a much more 'European' way, i.e. by cooperating. 

Therefore I made - as an experiment - an edition in English of our newsletter. We call it ‘European Courts’ and we like to find out whether (or not) in other countries such an overview might be useful as well. In the next few months we will publish every month an issue of 'European Courts'. 

Please have a look and send it around for comments. I would be very grateful if you could give me some feed back. And please be honest!

Of course it would be wonderful if in future this initiative could lead to some kind of European cooperation (maybe with EUI?) between national judicial organizations and law faculties. Because I am pretty sure that a lack of EU and ECHR knowledge is not only a problem for the Dutch judges.

And of course you are more than welcome to contribute to the weblog of European Courts!


Wishing you all the best for 2013.

Marc de Werd
Justice Amsterdam Court of Appeal"


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento